Don’t know when is the right time to use a semi-colon? Unsure if you should be spelling it ‘colour’ or ‘color’? Confused about what words you should capitalise?
I can help.
What I Offer
I provide copyediting services, which means that when you work with me, I will ensure that:
- Your copy is free from errors in spelling, capitalisation, grammar and punctuation
- Your sentence transitions are effective and optimised for readability
- Your voice and tone are consistent throughout
- Your ideas are clearly and concisely expressed in the best possible way
I can edit:
- Blog posts
- Short stories
- Novellas and novels
- Academic essays
- Personal statements
- Resumes and CVs
- Cover letters
Why Hire Me
I will response to your queries in 1 business day. I understand that time is scarce, and if you need editing urgently, I can easily speed up my work so you can easily meet your deadlines.
I offer a free sample edit. In the spirit of ensuring that I am the right editor for you, I will edit the first 250 words of your copy. This is completely free of charge.
I am professionally trained in copyediting. I hold a Master of Publishing and Communications from the University of Melbourne and I have experience editing various kinds of copy.
I believe in open communication. I highly encourage you to tell me exactly what you’re looking to get out of your copy so that we can work together and ensure that it is as high quality and readable as possible.
How It Works
Every editor works differently. For copy that generally only needs one round of editing, below is a breakdown of my general process:
- You contact me to request a quote.
- I confirm that your query has been received.
- Within 3 business days, I complete my sample edit and send it to you along with your quote.
- You decide whether or not you want to hire me.
- If you do, I finish editing the rest of the document and send it to you*.
* Longer projects (i.e. more than 5,000 words) will be edited in sections. In these cases, I will send you an expected timeline of completion so we can both be on the same page.
Ensure that you include the type of copy (article, short story, etc.) and overall word count so I can get back to you with your quote as soon as possible.
Please also attach the copy you want me to work on so I can give you a sample edit.