Hello, everyone, and hope you’re all having a terrific weekend! It’s Reg again, bringing you a tag post because I’m just too lazy to read or write anything more substantial at the moment. I mean, we’ve all had those days (or weeks, or months), hey? 😉
A huge thank you to Meghan @ Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews for this tag — it was fun (and super easy!) to do. 💕
- Answer the questions below.
- Credit the creator: Camryn @The Writing Crafter.
- Tag at least 5 people.
- Have fun!
1) Where do you typically write your blog posts?
There are three places where blog writing usually takes place for me:
- In my living room, either on my couch or study desk, both in front of the TV,
- In my bedroom, usually on my bed, and
- At my desk at the office. #rebel 🙈
2) How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
It depends on the book! Just writing — excluding editing, formatting, and graphics — probably takes at least fifteen minutes* for each book, generally. The more I have to say about the book (i.e. the more I like it or dislike it), the quicker the process is.
* I’ve never timed myself nor paid any attention to the clock during this so this is a very, very loose guesstimate at best.
3) When did you start your book blog?
September 2015. Yep, it’s been over a year and I’m still here. 😂
4) What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
I’m not sure if this is really a ‘worst’ thing since I’m not quite sure yet how I feel about it, but book blogging takes so much of my time.
I know this is entirely voluntary (i.e. I can pull back at any moment, and I have, and I am), but I can’t help but to feel like I am neglecting my other hobbies at times. Like I’m just so, so into it that I’m obsessed with it and don’t want to make time for anything else even though that something else could be potentially more productive or fulfilling. 🙃
5) What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Every time I answered this question, I’ve always said the community, and while that still holds 100% true, I’m going to get a bit personal here and tell you that the best thing about having a book blog is that it gives me a sense of accomplishment.
I’m the kind of person who needs to have some sort of an ongoing project to feel like a worthy, productive human being (this is not all good, I know), and having my own little corner of the internet has really helped with that. 🙏
6) What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
I’ve probably had the most fun writing one of my more ‘successful’ TTTs: Top Ten Thoughts Every Blogger Has Had At Least Once. It was also super satisfying and validating to read through the comments that people have left — it’s nice to know we’re not alone in this crazy journey we call blogging. 💕
7) What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
I really enjoyed writing my blogging posts, but man, they can actually be quite hard to write sometimes! Still, they generally get quite a bit of attention and it’s always nice to hear what other people think about various blogging-related topics. 😊
8) When do you typically write?
I don’t really have a set time to write, but I find myself writing most often when I’m at home in the evenings or during downtime at work. There’s really no typical hour… or even day, or even week, because sometimes I do go through weeks without writing anything.
9) Do you review every book you read?
I don’t! I think I used to, but I got lazy. 😅
10) How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
Usually with my laptop on my lap, on my living room couch! At any given reviewing time, there’s a 50% chance that I have my TV running in the background and a 80% chance that I have a hot drink on the coffee table next to me.
11) When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
This depends on two main factors: how I feel about the book and how productive I am in real life in that given moment. A book that I don’t really feel much for (i.e. maybe an average 3-star rating) usually takes a bit longer for me to review, especially when I’m really busy.
I think the longest I’ve gone is maybe a month or so after finishing a book — more than that and I usually just decide not to review it at all. 🤷♀️
12) How often do you post?
When I first started, I used to post 4-6 times a week! Now real life is kicking me in the butt so I hover around the 2-4 mark. Theoretically I could do more since I have quite a few posts drafted up, but I’d like to be able to reply to comments and blog-hop too so I gotta make time for that. ✨
- Alex @ Young at Heart
- Rose @ Around the Library in 80 Days
- Izzy @ Izzy’s Reads
- Rebecca @ Read by Rebecca
- Maxine @ The Rogue Storyteller
- Amanda @ Literary Weaponry
- Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess
- Salmah @ Salmah’s Bookshelf
- Shiloh @ Bookworm Ink
- Donna @ Chocolatenwaffles’ Blog
- Beth @ Reading Every Night
- Stephanie @ Teacher of YA
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Sara @ Freadom Library
- Danielle @ Books, Vertigo and Tea
Feel free to do this (or not) if you’d like! Otherwise, thank you for reading. 💕