Hello and happy Top Ten Tuesday, beautiful people! This week’s theme is a freebie, which is great because boy, have I got the topic for you. Without further ado, let’s just jump right into it — here are ten thoughts every blogger has had at some point in their blogging journey! 💐
1) “If I had a dollar for every hour I spend on this blog…”
You’ve spent hours and hours blog-hopping, commenting, writing blog posts, editing blog posts, sourcing images, editing images… and guess what? Still as broke as you were before. Sorry! 😫
2) “I want to say something, but I have nothing to say. Help!”
I’m sure I’m not the only one who sometimes thinks this! It happens when:
- Someone has left a really thoughtful comment on my blog, and I want to return the favour, or when:
- Someone has posted an amaaazingly well-written and insightful blog post, and I have ~SO MANY THOUGHTS~ but no way to really articulate them.
It’s either so many words, not enough substance, or so much substance, not enough words. I can’t ever get it right. 🙈
3) “They’ve been blogging for like one month and they’ve already got TWO THOUSAND FOLLOWERS. How did that happen?”
This kind of thing might make me want to beg them to teach me their ways, but more importantly, it also makes me want to tip my hat and say: You amazing blogger, you. 😍
4) “This CAPTCHA thing is a trap. I’ve clicked “Publish” legit five times and my comment is not publishing! The Blogspot gods hate me.”
If you remember my bucket list from several days ago, you know that I’ve made following more blogs part of what I want to do in 2017. Part of this, I’ve decided, would involve me looking into Blogspot and the wealth of great book blogs they have to offer.
And yet… and yet. And yet I can’t seem to comment on so, so many of them.
The ones that have Disqus, perfect. The ones that don’t, the ones where I have to login to Google Plus, leave my name/URL, or some other magical way? Even if the CAPTCHA registers me as a real person and not a bot, I have no real way of tracking all the comments I left, so there goes any possibility of conversation.
Seriously, you guys, if you’ve got any insights on this matter, let me know. 🙏
5) “Why am I doing this? Does anyone really care? Does it really matter?”
There comes a time in every blogger’s life where they start questioning E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G they’ve done. Who’s actually really listening to me? Have I actually offered something different to the community? Will anyone notice when I’m away? Does it really matter? Cue: blogger life crisis. 😕
6) “I wish my blog looks as good as theirs.”
Ever visited another blog and felt like everything they’re doing, they do better than you? Yup, me too. Blog envy is areal thing, you guys.
7) “This post I’m writing is SO amazing — I bet everyone will love it.”
*pats self on the back* 😊
8) “This post I’ve written is SO amazing — why doesn’t anyone love it?”
*cries into hands* 😭
9) “I should fix that. And that. And that. Oh, and that. Damn it, my blog’s a mess.”
In a way, I’m actually kind of thankful that customisation is super limited on the free version of WordPress, because otherwise I feel like I’ll be chasing unattainable perfection. 😂
10) “Dayuuum, lookin’ good, <insert own blog name>.”
At the end of the day, though, perfect layout or not, error-free posts or not… I just love my little corner of the internet. ❤️️
Which of these thoughts can you relate to? What other thoughts have you had as a blogger? 😊
This post is a part of Blogger’s Corner, a section on She Latitude dedicated to all things blogging.