Christmas is riiiight around the corner so I thought it’d be a good time to celebrate it with, er, the Celebrating the Little Things tag, originally created by M and B @ Closet Readers! For this one, I was tagged by the lovely Casey from adoptabookaus and Beth from Reading Every Night. Let’s get to it now. 💖
Who was your first follower? Tag them and give them a shout out!
My first follower is Jenaca from jenacidebybibliophile!
Thank you for following me back then when I was a baby blogger and staying until now — I really appreciate it. 🌟
What was the last milestone you reached?
I’ve just posted 50 photos on Instagram! This number is probably pretty small in general, but I wasn’t expecting it to happen at all and was very pleasantly surprised when it did. I thought I would get bored at, like, the tenth photo.
Of course, while we’re on it, you can check out my bookstagram here. 😈
What was the very first post you posted on your blog? Share it with us! If you can find out.
Oh god. My very first post ever was actually probably a fashion post (I had meant to blog about fashion instead of books back then), but I’ve deleted that now since I changed my mind.
If you look back now, my first post would seem to be a Book Looks post on Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ Kiss An Angel. Even the concept of Book Looks back then was different — I’d select passages from the novel and assemble an outfit based on the author’s descriptions of the character’s clothing. I’m so glad I changed it though because it’s easier (and more fun, and more visual!) to do now.
Who was your most recent follower? Tag them and give them a shout out!
My most recent follower was…
Azia at The Uncharted Word! I followed her blog on my weekend morning blog-hop and she very kindly followed me back. Thank you for following me, Azia — I hope you enjoy your stay. 💗
What was the last post you posted and who was the first person who took their time to click the like button? Give them a shout out!
The last thing I posted was my positive review for Neal Shusterman’s new book, a dystopian novel called Scythe, and the first person to like it was…
Bea @ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic! Though we don’t always read the same books, Bea happens to be one of my favourite people on social media, and she’s one of the most supportive members of the book blogging community. 🙏
How many months have you been blogging for?
I’ve been blogging for one year and four months this December! 😱 That’s pretty crazy, hey?
Do you have any bloggers you’re friends with? Give them a shout out.
Of course! 💓 Consider this my personal list of thank-yous as well because I am most definitely really thankful to (and for) these people:
- Sara, for the buddy reads, for always having my back, for sharing my excitement re: all things V. E. Schwab.
- Marie, for her eternal kindness and cheerfulness and welcoming-ness, for #SFATW, for making all of us know that we’re not alone in this crazy blogging adventure. 😘
- Beth, for the long conversations we’ve had (and probably will continue to have) about anything and everything under the sun, for introducing me to so many great books.
- Lauren, for her on-point book recommendations, very lively blog, and wonderfulness forever and always.
- Liam, for always being so snarky and funny and kind and thoughtful, for his dedication to honest reviews, for his beautiful Throne of Glass snarks. 🙏
- Ari, for being able to predict my New Adult tastes so well and being my go-to NA reviewer, for her frank and relatable discussions re: all things blogging and reading.
- CW, for her thoughtful discussions, commitment to diversity, and astounding kindness and empathy.
- Melissa, for pushing me to get The Bone Season because even though I haven’t read it yet it looks amazing (and I got it for cheap, yaaas). 👌
- Becca, for being a beacon of positivity and originality and also a cute marshmallow whose every appearance brings a smile to my face.
- Aentee, for her stunning graphics, amazingly creative blog, and for not being a murderer in real life. 😅
- Joey, for his much welcome snark and fresh (always fresh) perspective on various books.
- Lydia, for understanding so well what it’s like to be in your 20s and super crazy confused, for her podcasts and non-fic recommendations.
- Michelle and Kim, for the buddy reads, for always being lovely, for the off-topic life chats. 🤗
- Danielle, Bea, Annie, Lois, Jenna, Jesalin, Puput, Megan, Donna, Meghan, Esther, Stephanie, Fadwa, Lindsey, Casey, Kourtni, and Holly, for their continued support, for their kindness, and for their contagious excitement for books and blogging! 💕
Have I missed anyone? I hope not, but with my sieve-like memory, that is a total possibility. 🙉
Who originally created the last meme or tag you participated in? Give them a shout out!
Have you any social media related to your blog?
Despite working in social media, I’m not super active on any of them personally, but I do enjoy them from time to time! You can find me on the following platforms:
Last but not least… Just give thanks to all your followers.
Thank you so, so much for following me, you guys! I know I’m pretty awesome (jokes), but each and every day I’m amazed by your support, your kindness, your passion for books, and your willingness to share it. 😊
More than that, though, I’m even more amazed by the insight and perspective you bring to this blog and to the community at large — there are so many of us that it may not always possible to agree and get along 100% of the time, but I mean it when I say that I’m very lucky because my experience here has been overwhelmingly positive thanks to all of you. I can only hope that I can do my bit and return the favour somehow. ❤️
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but consider yourself tagged if you’re interested. And as it’s that time of the year…
🎁🎄🔔 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my loves! 🔔🎄🎁
Here’s to all the days, weeks, months that we’ve known each other, and here’s to the future.