Secret Santa was never a huge deal to me growing up—Christmas itself, to be honest, was never a huge deal. It wasn’t until I moved to Melbourne five years ago that I actually found out what Secret Santa (or Kris Kringle!) is. This year is my first time joining a book-centric one and I AM SUPER EXCITED. Can you tell? ❤
1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?
This is one of the hardest questions ever, but at least I get to pick five:
- How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J. C. Lillis
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- First and Then by Emma Mills
- Serpentine by Cindy Pon
- Little Peach by Peggy Kern
2. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?
Perfectly fine! I set up a reading goal of 50 books, which is not too many but quite a lot, considering that I barely read more than ten books in the last three years or so.
3. How many times did you post a week on average? Do you think you’ll post more/less in the future?
I post about 3-4 times a week, and I think it’s a good balance—enough to make sure there’s always something new on my blog, but not too many that this blog overtakes my personal life, if that makes sense. Going forward I’ll be aiming for just this many as it’s what works for me.
4. What is your favourite blogging moment/achievement of 2015?
Does starting my blog count? Then that must be it, because if that didn’t happen, none of these things would have happened. :p
If that doesn’t count, well… I’ve been blogging for a little over three months now, and I’ll consider it an achievement that I’m still just as excited about my blog as when I first started. It hasn’t been that long, yes, but when I think about how easily bored I am… it kind of is. Oops?
5. Did you read mostly review or non-review books this year?
I’d say it’s a 75/25 divide between books I review and books I don’t review? When what I read is relevant to my blog, I review it.
6. What are your blogging goals for 2016?
I’ve got just two!
- Keep a consistent and yet manageable updating schedule.
- Participate more in the community! This means joining in more chats, being more active on Twitter and Goodreads, commenting on more posts, etc.
7. What books are you looking forward to in 2016?
There are way, way too many, so I’ll just very quickly mention these three:
My latest Top Ten Tuesday post also has a list of 2016 debut novels I’m most looking forward to. 🙂
Based on the answers above, have you been a good or naughty blogger this year?
I have been…
… Well, one can hope. It’s still too early in the game for me to be bad, methinks. 😛
Leave 3 clues to help your santee guess who you are!
- One of your favourite books this year is Illuminae.
- You’ve got an ultra-colourful blog background!
- Your Goodreads profile picture is a picture of yourself, and it is veeery cute. ❤
Follow the Aussie YA Bloggers Secret Santa blog hop to meet other Aussie bloggers!